Elijah Cummings Releases A Full IRS Interview Transcript To The Public
When last we left the stand off between the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee, Republican Daryl Issa, and the committee’s senior Democratic Member, Elijah Cummings over the release of IRS Interview Transcripts, Issa had largely ignored Cummings request to begin to publicly release the full transcripts of recent interviews with IRS employees.
Instead, Issa made select excerpts of the transcripts available to members of the press.
Earlier today Cummings released a full (redacted) transcript of one of the interviews via the Democrat’s House Oversight Committee Page.*
Well, the “S” is now on!
The ball is back in Issa’s court — though it’s difficult to guess what, beyond expressing his displeasure, what his next move will be. While we’re waiting, I’m planning to scan through the released transcript and see what, if anything new, we learn from its release.
[Hat tip to OTB commenter Surreal American for pointing me to this news]
* – I was somewhat surprised to discover that there are two different House Oversight Committee pages, one for each party.
- Will Elijah Cummings Release IRS Transcripts Later Today? (Updated)
- Why Won’t Chairman Issa Release The Full Transcripts Of Interviews With IRS Employees?
- Issa/Holder Meeting Ends With No Resolution, Contempt Proceedings Still Loom
- Darrell Issa: No Evidence White House Covering Up Anything In Fast & Furious