Katrina: Barbour Up, Blanco Down
A SurveyUSA poll of all the state governors reveals that all of the governors whose states were directly hit by Hurricane Katrina had a major boom in job approval compared with the previous month, with the notable exception of Louisiana’s Kathleen Blanco.
- Haley Barbour (R, Mississippi) +26
- Bob Riley (R, Alabama) +21
- Mike Easley (D, North Carolina) +19
- Sonny Perdue (R, Georgia) +18
- Rick Perry (R, Texas) +17
- Kathleen Blanco (D, Louisiana) -22
The gap between Barbour and Blanco, who lead the states most devastated by Katrina, could scarely be more stark.
via Taegan Goddard
- None Found