Majors with Guaranteed Jobs?
Via Yahoo’s The Lookout blog comes The 10 college majors with the lowest unemployment rates.
The majors in question are:
1. Actuarial Science—0 percent
2. Astronomy and Astrophysics—0 percent
3. Educational Administration and Supervision—0 percent
4. Geological and Geophysical Engineering—0 percent
5. Pharmacology—0 percent
6. School Student Counseling—0 percent
7. Agricultural Economics—1.3 percent
8. Medical Technologies Technicians—1.4 percent
9.Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology—1.6 percent
10. Environmental Engineering, Nursing, and Nuclear Industrial Radiology and Biological Technologies—2.2 percent
I must confess, I am a bit baffled by #3 (as well as #6) given that there are a rather finite number of slots and state-level cutbacks are substantially affecting education (although, granted, it does always seem that the administrators are the last to go…).
The data come from the Georgetown Center on Educations and the Workforce.