Obama Lampoons Bundy and Media at Nerd Prom
President Obama continued a long tradition of being really charming and funny at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner:
POLITICO has compiled their list of “Obama’s top 10 2014 White House Correspondents’ Dinner lines,” rendering each of them considerably less funny.
1. “These days, House Republicans are actually giving John Boehner a harder time than they’re giving me, which means orange really is the new black.”
2. On 2016: “Let’s face it, Fox…it’ll be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya.”
3. On his last year: “At one point, things got so bad, the 47 percent called Mitt Romney to apologize.”
4. “I did notice, [daughter] Sasha needed a speaker at Career Day. She invited Bill Clinton. I was a little hurt by that.”
5. “I haven’t seen somebody pull a 180 that fast [as an Olympic snowboarder] since Rand Paul dis-invited that Nevada rancher [Cliven Bundy] from this dinner.”
6. “Gridlock [in D.C.] has gotten so bad, you’ve got to wonder, what did we do to piss off [Gov.] Chris Christie so bad?”
7. On his recent trip to Malaysia: “The lengths we have to go to get CNN coverage these days [because of the network’s heavy coverage of missing flight MH370]. I think they’re still searching for their table.”
8. “If you want to get paid while not working you should have to run for Congress just like everyone else.”
9. “MSNBC’s here, they’re a little overwhelmed. They’ve never seen an audience this big before.”
10. On Healthcare.gov: “In 2008, my slogan was ‘Yes, we can.’ In 2013 my slogan was ‘control-alt-delete.'”
Oddly, my favorite line didn’t make the list:
While we are talking sports, just last month, a wonderful story. An American won the Boston Marathon for the first time in 30 years. Which was inspiring and only fair since a Kenyan has been president for the last six. We have to even things out.
Less funny but doubtless true:”As a general rule, things don’t end well if the sentence starts, “Let me tell you something I know about the negro.” You don’t really need to hear the rest of it. Just a tip for you. Don’ t start your sentence that way.