Weiner Says He’s “100 Percent” Done With Sexting
New York Mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner says he’s done sexting:
Anthony Weiner tells NBC 4 New York he is “100 percent not” having any type of online relationships with anyone now, and says for the first time he has not kept any records of his past lewd affairs.
“I don’t have any of the records,” Weiner said in an interview Friday. “I deleted everything.”
A woman came forward last month with explicit photos of Weiner and messages from him, revealing that the married mayoral candidate’s affairs had continued long after he resigned from Congress in 2011. Since then, the embattled Democrat has sought to turn the conversation back to the day-to-day issues of campaigning.
He has been trailed at every appearance by reporters and photographers, and gave a series of interviews Friday in what appeared to be an attempt to close the door on the conversation.
During his 15 minutes with NBC 4 New York, he grew weary of the topic, insisting at one point that the details of his illicit affairs, which he says ended about a year ago, didn’t matter.
“The behavior that people know about, I did, over an extended period of time, with more than one person,” Weiner said. “I just think at a certain point, OK, I think people know these embarrassing things about me. I think at a certain point now we have to have a conversation that goes to, alright, what else should people know?”
And yet he can’t seem to get away from it.