An Official Statement Concerning Violence, Threats of Violence, Comparisons to Hitler, Etc.
My official statement. Please refer to this the next time somebody says something stupid.
Since apparently it is now a requirement to pay attention to every misdeed of anybody with whom I share any political opinion, let me know state heretofore and for the record:
- If anyone commits an act of violence against persons or property that is not in immediate defense of self or others, I condemn them, whether I share their political opinions or not.
- If anyone threatens an act of violence against persons or property that is not in immediate defense of self or others, I condemn them.
- As a general rule, I think that it is bad for anyone to compare any American politician or pundit to Hitler, Stalin or any other despot.
- As a general rule, I think it is bad to attribute political or religious beliefs to a person when said person has not explicitly espoused such a belief.
In addition, just to clarify where I stand on other matters:
- I am a fan of America, and think that America is generally awesome, despite her flaws.
- I am a dog person. In particular, I like puppies.
- I am in favor of motherhood.
- I also like apple pie, but I’m allergic to wheat so I don’t eat it.
The next time some idiot says or does something stupid and/or violent and/or over the top, please refer to this statement and assume that it holds unless I specifically make a comment otherwise.