End of the Week Tabs
Some stories of possible interest.
- Via the NYT: William Hartmann, 63, Michigan Official Who Disputed Election, Dies. The subtitle of the piece provides the basics: “He refused to certify Joseph Biden’s victory over Donald Trump in Detroit but later relented. A foe of Covid vaccines, he was hospitalized with the virus.” Yet another example of how the politics you believe can have profound, indeed tragic, consequences.
- Along those lines via NPR: Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame.
- Via NBC News: Latino civil rights organization drops ‘Latinx’ from official communication.
- Via the BBC: Why more people are saying ‘y’all’
- Via NYT: The Harvard Job Offer No One at Harvard Ever Heard Of.
- Via The Chronicle of Higher Education: Colleges Are Paying Big Bucks for Coaches. Here’s What Else They Could’ve Spent the Money On.
- Via the NYT: R.N.C. Is Said to Agree to Pay Up to $1.6 Million of Trump’s Personal Legal Bills.