I Must Say It Is Amusing…
…that James’ post on Karl Rove tossing red meat to the party faithful gets more comments than both posts on the undermining of a right enumerated in the Constitution (the 5th Amendment to be percise). Of course, make a dubious claim about library records and it is rallying cry.
It is interesting to note the reaction from the Left side of the Blogosphere as well.
- Washington Monthly/Kevin Drum? M.I.A.
- Daily Kos? It could actually be a good thing.
- Atrios? It is bad, but it could have been worse, so buck up.
- Matthew Yglesias? Also M.I.A.
- Josh Marshall? Also M.I.A.
- Nothing at Crooked Timber
- Talk Left pretty much notes the decision and then moves on to today’s hot topic, is Karl Rove a jerk or not?
In other words, in looking at the top liberal blogs hardly any of them had anything to say on this. We heard about how awful the Patriot Act was, with the big thing being library records. But when it comes to seizing the property of homeowners and small businesses, well who cares.