KillVote for All the Lawyers
Noting that his fellow lawyers make up an inordinate percentage of the current presidential field, Peter Lattman offers a quiz:
(A) Hillary Clinton
(B) John Edwards
(C) Rudy Giuliani
(D) Barack Obama
(E) Fred Thompson
(F) Mitt Romney
(1) An intense former prosecutor
(2) A folksy former prosecutor
(3) A civil litigator from a tony regional firm
(4) A superstar trial lawyer
(5) A Harvard Law Review president who turned down BigLaw for civil-rights litigation
(6) Harvard JD/MBA who never practiced a day in his life but said he’d consult lawyers as president
Pretty easy if you’ve been paying close attention but amusing nonetheless.
Given that the list comprises 6/7 of the current First Tier candidates and 2/2 of the current frontrunners, Lattman reasonably concludes, “Our next president will likely be a lawyer.” Probably so. Unless John McCain can stage a major comeback — or Ron Paul can turn his internet enthusiasm into real votes — it would seem inevitable.