One for Certain Thing about the Koran Burning Stunt
Well, two for certain things.
The first is that the event never should have been planned in the first place.
The second is that the fellow who planned it has gotten exactly what he wanted: a boatload of attention. The story has become international news and I am sure that it will get massive cable news coverage on Saturday (alas, we have an out of town soccer game that day so I won’t be able to watch). Not only that, but the fellow has managed specific mentions from General David Petraeus and now the President, the AG, Sarah Palin, and others, have weighed in:
- Exclusive: President Obama Says Terry Jones’ Plan to Burn Korans Is ‘A Destructive Act’
- Attorney General Eric Holder calls Rev. Terry Jones’ ‘International …
- Sarah Palin: Koran Burning Is Insensitive, Unnecessary; Pastor Jones, Please Stand Down
- FBI Says Retaliation for Koran Burning ‘Likely’
- Even pastor’s old church condemns Quran-burning