Palestinian Terrorists Release Video of Centanni and Wiig
A Palestinian terrorist group called Holy Jihad Brigades have released a video of kidnapped FOX News journalists Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig.
A previously unheard of Palestinian group released video footage on Wednesday showing two kidnapped FOX News journalists and demanded Muslim prisoners in U.S. jails be released within 72 hours in exchange for the men, a Palestinian news agency reported.
In the footage, American correspondent Steve Centanni, 60, and cameraman Olaf Wiig, 36, of New Zealand, said they were being cared for and appealed for help in winning their release. The footage was the first sign of the journalists since they were kidnapped Aug. 14 from their TV van in Gaza City. “Our captors are treating us well,” Centanni said.
The statement issued by the Holy Jihad Brigades marked the first time a Palestinian group in Gaza made demands on a foreign country other than Israel. Militant groups have routinely tried to limit the conflict to a fight between Palestinians and Israel. Although Palestinian militant groups have often seized foreigners, including members of the media, this is the longest any have been held. In the video footage, the men, sitting cross-legged on the floor in sweat suits, appear to be in good health.
No armed men were seen.
Well, at least we know they’re probably still alive.
Hat tip: Andrew Cochran
Meanwhile, Cori Dauber notes how differently the media are handling this story vice the kidnappings of non-journalists.