Yankees to Offer Pedro Martinez $50 Million
The New York Yankees will offer free-agent pitcher Pedro Martinez a four-year deal worth $50 million, but a major-league source says the star wants $60 million, the Bergen County Record reported Tuesday.
The newspaper also said the Boston Red Sox raised their offer to their former star to $38 million. Red Sox officials met with Martinez last week, one day after the star talked with New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, the Boston Herald reported.
Heck, who doesn’t want $60 million? Michele Catalano, however, is not amused.