Breaking! Duke Rape Accuser Changes Story Again
For the 56,864,631,657 time the accuser in the Duke lacrosse rape case has changed her story. This is a major problem for the DA Mike Nifong. The accuser in his case has changed her story so many times with on of the more recent being that she didn’t remember if she was penetrated or not. This creates a huge credibility issue for the accuser. Add on things like no DNA from the three players, and that DNA from other men (yes, multiple men) was found on and in her. That the line was a complete sham.
In her latest statement to investigators, the accuser in the Duke lacrosse rape case changed her account again about when the alleged gang rape occurred, who attacked her and how.
Defense attorneys filed the statement in court today, arguing that it was more evidence that the woman is an unreliable witness.
The woman adjusted the timing of the assault to earlier in the evening, a time point preceding the well-documented alibi of one accused player, Reade Seligmann. The defense, however, introduced yet more alibi evidence for Seligmann: he was on the cell phone with his girlfriend during the height of the attack as the accuser now times it.
I tell ya this girl just can’t win. She changes her story so that the alibi of one of the defendants no longer holds, and then it turns out he was on the phone, which cell phone companies annoyingly document. Additionally, most experts in these matters hold that our memory doesn’t get better over time but worse. This simply paints the accuser out to be simply an outright liar.
In previous accounts, the woman said the gang-rape ended shortly before she left in the car driven by Kim Roberts, the second dancer. Roberts called 911 as she was driving away at 12:53 a.m., according to police records. This new account leaves 50 minutes unaccounted between the end of the rape and the departure from the party.
No, what most of us outside the legal profession would call is “making sh%t up”. See,
The new statement runs contrary to time stamped photos of the party, which show the two women dancing between 12:00 and 12:04 a.m. in the living room of the house at 610 N. Buchanan Blvd.
The accuser has changed her description of Evans. On April 4, she viewed a photograph of Evans and said it looked like one of her assailants, except that the assailant had a moustache. In the Dec. 21 statement, the woman said the assailant had a five o’clock shadow, not a moustache. Evans has a visible five o’clock shadow in the photograph.
Hmmm…was Art Vadelay also one of the attackers?
Nifong could not be reached immediately for comment today.
No doubt. He was probably trying out another lame excuse to use in regards to his ethics violations where the N. Carolina Bar has accused Nifong of being fraudulent and deceitful.
Update: This news account has the accuser saying that Seligmann did not rape her, but merely watched.
The attacker identified as Reade Seligmann only watched, she told an investigator, the papers said. While he was repeatedly urged to take part in the alleged attack, she recalled, he said he could not participate because he was getting married.
“The accuser’s most recent recollection of events demonstrates clearly that she cannot accurately recall and describe her attackers and that any identification made by her is necessarily unreliable,” the defense filing said.
Okay, so now he was merely a witness. And it gets even better,
The new timeline would put the attack outside of the apparent alibi window established by Seligmann’s attorneys, based on records that include ATM receipts and cell phone records.
But the defense motion said the accuser’s cell phone records show that she was on her on the phone during part of the time she now says she was attacked. Records also show Seligmann made a call on his cell phone during that period, the defense said.
Time-stamped photos and records of a 911 call made by the second dancer also indicate the women did not leave the party until shortly before 1 a.m., nearly an hour after the alleged attack ended under the new timeline. In an April written statement, the accuser said she and the second dancer left the party immediately after the alleged assault.
So not only was the accuser being raped, she was on her cell phone chatting away. Sure. I believe that.
In a bizzare side note, which says alot considering this case, we have this gem from the article.
The filing comes a day after the judge overseeing the case ordered a paternity test to determine the father of a child born to the woman. Defense attorneys requested the test in December to eliminate any paternity question, although Nifong has said the pregnancy is almost certainly unrelated to the night of the team party.
That is very smart, of the defense attorneys, IMO. Getting caught on the hook for child support is not a good thing if the kid isn’t yours…and once you are on that hook, getting off is next to impossible, even with DNA tests. Do it right now, right away and put that one to rest right off the bat. Of course, this is Durham we are talking about, apparently a city where a large segement of the population is so stupid it elected Nifong…a guy who doesn’t let DNA evidence or the lack thereof hinder him in his witch-hunts…errr court cases.
Also see K.C. Johnson’s post on this stuff today. It is very big, but it highlights how this case has become a complete farce and Nifong has completely perverted the notion of justice in Durham, N.C. This part is good,
One critical point to remember: in dropping the rape charges but retaining those for sexual assault and kidnapping, Nifong treated the accuser’s latest version of events, laid out in this motion, as wholly credible.italics in the original
Basically, it shows that Nifong is willing to go to just about any lengths to stick some sort of charge on the defendants. But then we already knew that Nifong was a duplicitous snake.