Blame ALL The Amendments
UQ's Thoreau makes a compelling point: "Usually people blame the 2nd amendment for a mass shooting. This time they're blaming the 1st. But why not all the others?"
UQ’s Thoreau makes a compelling point: “Usually people blame the 2nd amendment for a mass shooting. This time they’re blaming the 1st. But why not all the others?”
- Amendment 3: If we were able to quarter The Troops in every neighborhood, we could prevent more of these tragedies.
- Amendment 9: Everybody talks about individual rights but never responsibilities. The culture of individualism fostered by the 9th is part of the societal decline that leads to these tragedies.
- Amendment 16: Without income taxes, shooters would be incentivized to work harder at a job instead of killing people.
- Amendment 20: If Congress were still in a lame duck session, they’d be so busy enacting Obama’s legislative and foreign policy agenda that they wouldn’t have had time to appear in public.
- Amendment 27: Inadequate compensation for Senators and Representatives just leads to sub-par policy-making, with predictable consequences for increased violent crime.