Thursday, June 22, 2006
Time for the Thursday OTB Caption ContestTM
Winners will be announced Monday PM
The Hokey Cokey, thatÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s what itÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s all about!
* Here at the Merry Wonder school, the betterment of physical coodination in our special students is a priority.
* Hey! Weren’t you the construction worker in the Village People?
Is that a gun in your pocket, Miguel, or are you just glad to . . . just . . . Miguel, what exactly IS that in your pocket anyway?
Portugual easily shrugs off Iran’s archaic “flying sideways ‘W'” stratagem.
Translating The Village People’s YMCA into Arabic proved to be harder than anticipated.
The quality of play degraded quickly after the German chicks took off those weird soccer-ball-print bras.
Do not anger Happy Fun Ball
Soccer! The Musical.
Damn, I hope he kicks that ball!
Cool, the new wireless iPod ad.
Look Ma, no hands!
Now is the time in the World Cup when we dance.
“Eeeeek! spider spider spider!!!”
“I’m here to chew gum and….well you know the rest.”
“And this interpretive dance, we call the ‘Futball Dream’.”
“I see your soccer-fu is strong, grasshopper.”
The latest film from Hong Kong, Shaolin Soccer meets Drunken Master
Soccer would be better, if it were Hockey.
I’m not going to submit a caption, because soccer pictures are by definition funny. Captions can’t improve on them.
The quality of available talent is really raising the barre in World Cup Soccer
The “excitement” that skimpily clad female spectators were causing the World Cup players led to a noticeable “adjustment” in their playing style.
The TV show, So You Think You Can Play Soccer, brought out hordes. One entry was Al Gore shown here doing his Tweedle-Le-Dee hop/jump. Gore said to no one’s surprise, “I invented soccer.”
“Cocoa, Cocoa cobana!!…” The next show on the WB after the World Cup ends in Germany. Dancing with Soccer Balls.
* The unique combo of Soccer and Zen.
* It was at this point the coaches knew they’d given the players too much Helium.
* Wow… these speedballs are really WORKING!!!
* Quick! The Floating Point Unit is malfunctioning!!!!
* Floating… Free as a bird
Sixty foot leaps.. it’s so absurd…
(apologies to the Moody Blues)
* Time to break out the fish costumes, and pass around an extra ration of rum for the men.
* Yow! Break dancing kung-fu demons! Too much!
* (Goulum)…AAAhhhhhhhh! The flying Elvises are BACK!!!!!!!
* I’M FLYING! I’M FLYING!! WHEEEEEEEE! ()
Skip, skip, skip to my Lou
From “The Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats:
“We can dance if we want to.”
Michael Flatley? HAH!!!
Crouching Iranian, Hidden Flagon.
*”With a target that size I can’t resist.”
*”If that sock wasn’t so cheap…”
“Look Miguel, I can twist up into a pretzel and whoa, you need treatment for that.”
“Didn’t I tell you not to take Viagra before the game?”
* How to tell if they’re putting too much fizz in the sports drink.
* The day they got “pop rocks” in the laundry
1) White player: “Hmmm, why does he needs a cup that big?”
2) The next two olympic sports. White: Jumping and sitting like a woman. Red: High Kicking while sucking a lemon.
The Iranians soon began to question the wisdom of hiring coach Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance.
Michael Flatley’s football career was short lived…
I still don’t get performance art.
New Pose For Heisman Trophy Being Debated.
“When Ya Gotta Pee, Ya Gotta Pee!”
In a preview of 2008 Democratic matchups, Barack Obama and John Edwards unveil their campaign slogan: “Two men, one ball.”
U.S. soccer team practices a curious new “shot avoidance” drill.
Recipients of a soccer rarity, the dance card.
In a preview of 2008 Presidential matchups, Barack Obama and John Edwards unveil their planned campaign slogan: ‘Two men with but a single ball.’
Miguel and Mehrzad viewed models of dolls featuring their famous moves. Mehrzad said he would prefer a different pose since he wasn’t going for the girly-man look.
The Baha Men’s remake of Tiptoe Through the Tulips lacked the urban feel of their previous hit.
Make a one-time donation