Elderly Woman Accidentally Swallows $5,000 Diamond
Well, this doesn’t happen every day:
The idea behind the Tampa Women’s Club charity event was simple. For $20, you could buy a flute of champagne and a chance to win a one-carat, $5,000 diamond.
Organizers of the Saturday event placed $10 cubic zirconia stones in the bottom of 399 of the 400 champagne glasses. The prized diamond, donated by Continental Wholesale Diamonds, was placed in the last.
The problem? Eighty-year-old Miriam Tucker accidentally swallowed it.
Tucker told local news media that she didn’t want to put her finger in the champagne, so she drank a bit. While laughing with women at the table, she realized she swallowed it.
Already scheduled for a colonoscopy on Monday, she had a doctor recover the jewel.
Well, it all worked out in the end.
James Bond “Diamonds are Forever”:
Felix:”I give up. I know the diamonds are in the body, but where?”
Bond: “Alimentary, Dr. Leiter.”
OUCH!!!! Bad pun Doug. Really bad. I love it.