Steve Bainbridge tries to imagine the legal climate that would have followed if Judge Roy Pearson had actually won his $54 million case against a dry cleaner who had posted a “Satisfaction Guaranteed” sign and yet not satisfied him.
- Run into a grumpy flight attendant on United, sue because you didn’t experience the “Friendly Skies”
- Disappointed to find only gasoline in your tank, sue Exxon for failing to provide the “tiger in your tank” they promised
- Your insurance agent fails to hold you close, sue Allstate for not providing “good hands”
- Think Fox News leans GOP, sue them for not being “fair and balanced”
- Get bitter coffee dregs, sue Maxwell house for not being “good to the last drop”
I’m guessing it’s been a long time since Steve watched television commercials, but yes.