WEBLOG TRAFFIC RANKINGS
The TTLB Weblogs by Average Daily Traffic system is again working and becoming a better metric as more sites add SiteMeter so that they can participate. As of today, 977 sites are ranked, compared to 3555 on the main Ecosystem. Still, relatively few of the “major” blogs are excluded, so it provides an interesting point of comparison:
- The bottom 660 sites (67.6% of the list) had fewer than 100 daily visitors over the past week.
- 100 blogs had 500 or more.
- 51 had 1000 or more.
- 33 had 2000 or more.
- 20 had 3000 or more.
- 14/13 had 4000 or more.*
- 10 had 5000 or more.
- 6 had 10,000 or more.
- 3 had 20,000 or more.
- 1 had over 25,000–indeed, 66,886.
This is an amazing concentration of traffic:
- InstaPundit had more traffic than the next five sites combined.
- Blogs #7-100** combined have essentially the same traffic as the top six: 148,644 to 147,352.
- Indeed, I don’t have an easy way to upload the numbers, but it’s not inconceivable that InstaPundit has more traffic than all the blogs after the top ten combined, given that blogs #700-977 had fewer than 20 daily visitors and #858-977 had under 10.
Update (1254): Kevin makes a valid point in the comments. Indeed, while most of the major blogs have SiteMeter stats available, the highly linked blogs missing are rather important:
4.Talking Points Memo (900) details
5.Andrew Sullivan (897) details
8.USS Clueless (770) details
9.James Lileks (745) details
10.Little Green Footballs (725) details
Indeed, it’s conceivable that Andrew Sullivan’s traffic rivals Glenn’s.
*Command Post, with 4018, is listed twice.
**The duplicate Command Post listing is excluded.