Monday Morning Clearing of the Tab
Items for your consideration.
- This piece from the New Yorker, What American Conservatives See in Hungary’s Leader, from last September was recommended in the comments and is worth a read.
- What? Mike Pompeo may not have been truthful about something? Via the Kansas City Star: ‘Dude, just tell the truth’: Mike Pompeo lost 90 lbs, but not the way he said he did.
- *Sigh*. Via NBC: DeSantis confirms as many as 1 million Covid tests expired in state stockpile.
- Some happy news via the NYT: A Giant Telescope Grows in Space.
- Jennifer Finney Boyan writes in the NYT about The Radical Normalcy of a Trans ‘Jeopardy!’ Winner.
- While Jennifer Rubin’s right that The Cheneys can’t do it alone. We need Republican all-stars for democracy, I am skeptical that what she suggests would have much effect. Still, the more people to stand up for democracy, that better.