New Blogger Out of Beta
In an announcement about the new Blogger having graduated from Beta status, Pete offers an analogy:
Battlestar Galactica with Lorne Greene : Battlestar Galactica with Edward James Olmos :: Old Blogger : New Blogger
Given that Pete’s post doesn’t even have a permalink, I’m skeptical. Still, it’s a funny analogy.
Lexi Baugher highlights the major changes:
- You can add stuff to your blog (cute cat photos, lists, feeds) without needing to know HTML.
- You can also make a completely unique template that has just the color scheme you want, without knowing any CSS.
- Don’t want your mom to read your thoughts? Make a private blog.
- Label your posts, to group related ones together.
- Use one of our new templates.
- You can now sign in to Blogger using your Google Account.
It’s almost as good as actual blogging software now! Other than the fact that your content will be on a server owned by someone else and might be deleted at any time without notice, your work gone, and your link hijacked, of course.
Good. One Blogger user asked me in the past year about categories, and the best I could tell him was to keyword his posts and let search engines do the collating.
Lorne Green was Canadian and you know about those. They’re all eyeballs and believe in metal men from space here to invade the earth, unless the UN steps in and changes the program they came with to destroy all mankind to something else.
So, Lorne was bored and all eyeballs travelling lost with man in space fighting alien metal men trying to destroy ‘every fiber of human existence.’
There was that guy who chose the metal men and won, but we all know he chose Satan. Not that that is what one should do.
Lex or Lexi was the British version, but, I think he went around destroying planets on a big ship.
The beta looks good. We’ll see ‘
Labelling posts is easier said than done if you have a great many posts. My blog is coming up on 3,000 very shortly.
Plus the Beta version isn’t ready for blogs with many posts and or comments.