New Blogger Out of Beta
In an announcement about the new Blogger having graduated from Beta status, Pete offers an analogy:
Battlestar Galactica with Lorne Greene : Battlestar Galactica with Edward James Olmos :: Old Blogger : New Blogger
Given that Pete’s post doesn’t even have a permalink, I’m skeptical. Still, it’s a funny analogy.
Lexi Baugher highlights the major changes:
- You can add stuff to your blog (cute cat photos, lists, feeds) without needing to know HTML.
- You can also make a completely unique template that has just the color scheme you want, without knowing any CSS.
- Don’t want your mom to read your thoughts? Make a private blog.
- Label your posts, to group related ones together.
- Use one of our new templates.
- You can now sign in to Blogger using your Google Account.
It’s almost as good as actual blogging software now! Other than the fact that your content will be on a server owned by someone else and might be deleted at any time without notice, your work gone, and your link hijacked, of course.