The tabs must be cleared.
- To add to recent Open Forum discussions, via WaPo, Simone Biles said she got the ‘twisties.’ Gymnasts immediately understood.
- Um, we’re number one? Via AL.com: Alabama’s COVID positivity rate now highest in nation.
Data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services shows Alabama’s positivity rate on PCR tests – the most accurate type of COVID test available – was 18.5% on July 26, the most recent date for which data was available.
- Via WaPo, Beyond human endurance:How climate change is making parts of the world too hot and humid to survive
At a certain threshold of heat and humidity, “it’s no longer possible to be able to sweat fast enough to prevent overheating,” said Radley Horton a professor at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.
Scientists have found that Mexico and Central America, the Persian Gulf, India, Pakistan and Southeast Asia are all careening toward this threshold before the end of the century.
That sounds pretty awful, TBH.
- FiveThirtyEight also notes: Gavin Newsom Has Reason To Worry.
- Another weird result of the pandemic via the WSJ: Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over ‘Black Widow’ Streaming Release.