Tab Clearing for the Weekend
So many open tabs, so little time.
- Via CNN: A Colorado pastor says God told him to launch a crypto venture. He’s now accused of pocketing $1.3 million from his followers.
- Via the NYT: Leading Museums Remove Native Displays Amid New Federal Rules (gift link).
- Via the AP: Donald Trump ordered to pay The New York Times and its reporters nearly $400,000 in legal fees.
- From January 16th via the Orlando Sentinel: Democrat Keen wins state House 35 special election over GOP’s Booth.
- Via the NYT: Dean Phillips Floats a No Labels Bid if 2024 Is Trump vs. Biden. I am beginning to think Dean Phillips just wants the attention.
- Via Axios: Trump’s surprise fan club: Why many Dems want him to win big in N.H. While I am sure some Dems do want Trump to be the opponent, this just feels like a warmed-over 2016 story from a mass media hungry for some story other than the obvious Trump v. Biden plus avoiding having to cover Trump for what he really is.
- Along those lines, many Germans are taking proto-facism seriously (via WaPo gift link): Germany’s surging far right provokes a reckoning.
- Somewhat still on theme via HuffPo: ‘A Warning Shot’: Maggie Haberman Explains Why Trump Attacked Kayleigh McEnany. Because, apparently, only the blindest of loyalty is acceptable.
- Via Politico: Trump wants to send troops to the inner cities. A top senator wants to rein him in.