Marshall Manson summarizes a civil suit taking place deep in the heart of Texas:
- There’s a trial lawyer suing Ford for tens of millions of dollars.
- He’s representing both the plaintiffs and one of the defendants.
- His lover winds up on the jury and starts tampering the moment she is sworn in.
- And, oh yeah, she helped the lawyer sign up the plaintiffs.
- And, oh yeah, she’s the city manager. Which means there’s been no investigation because, you know, the police work for her — and the state authorities need a request from the locals to get involved.
- The judge has a clear conflict of interests, but hears the case anyway.
- And, oh yeah, he was indicted on federal charges in an unrelated matter just weeks after the trial.
I believe I saw something like that on the “Dukes of Hazard” once.