On Harriet Miers
Just to go on record (this is Stotch writing, not James), the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court of the United States represents the following:
* An insult to the American people
* An affront to any Constitutional scholar
* A dishonoring of the Supreme Court as an institution
* A repudiation of the founding fathers (see especially Federalist 76)
* A slap in the face to anyone who voted for George W. Bush
I guess if you combine a C student president, a D- congress, and a B+ court nominee, what you get is the complete failure of the Republican party to deliver on anything they promised but were well within their power to achieve. They have proven themselves to be as bad or worse than even the most liberal of Democrats.