For some reason, the sidebars of the blog have ceased functioning. I had just installed a file compression code when I noticed the problem. I have deleted that file but the problem persists, even after trying a few workarounds suggested by Kevin Aylward. I’ve created a ticket with HostingMatters to see if they have any clues.
I’m heading home and will be running some errands on the way, so the problem will linger for a while unless it miraculously restores itself or HostingMatters fixes it for me.
Update (18:14): It turns out that HostingMatters has decided to screw with their settings without bothering to tell their customers about it, thus wasting a couple hours of my time. Not good.