- Via Kevin Drum: Here’s the latest version of “Kids these days have lousy work skills”. It is as if every generation forgets that at one point they were “the kids.”
- Speaking of Texas A&M, via the Texas Tribune: Top Texas A&M officials were involved in botched recruiting of journalism professor, who will receive $1 million settlement.
- Via the NYT: $60 Million Refund Request Shows Financial Pressure on Trump From Legal Fees.
- Via the NYT: Trump’s Legal Team Is Enmeshed in a Tangle of Possible Conflicts.
- Via the Daily Beast: ‘Come Here, Big Tits’: Rudy Giuliani’s Sex Abuse Accuser Has the Tapes.
- Via NBC News: Gay Louisiana doctor says he’s leaving the state over its ‘discriminatory’ legislation.
- Via Politico: Ramaswamy: I ‘don’t believe’ the 9/11 Commission report.
- Via WaPo: John Eastman shows the path from misinformation to revolution.
“There’s actually a provision in the Declaration of Independence that says, you know, a people will suffer abuses while they remain sufferable. Or: tolerable. While they remain tolerable,” he said at one point. “But at some point, the abuses would become so intolerable that it is not only their right, but their duty to alter or abolish the existing government. So that’s the question. Have the abuses and the threat of abuses become so intolerable that we have to be willing to push back?”
Well, millions more Americans said that, no, they haven’t been, and tens of millions of others didn’t feel any urgency to cast a ballot. Eastman’s argument here is, in essence, that a minority that can’t win electoral support should have the right to “push back” against the majority. After all, the left “poses an existential threat to the very survivability” of the country, as he said! How could he not try to keep Trump in office?
As he put it to Klingenstein, there has been “an exponential increase” in the radicalization of the left over the last few years.
“You’re going to let 50-year-old men, naked, into teenage girls’ showers at public pools?” he said, echoing overheated but increasingly common right-wing rhetoric. “Or — or drag queens doing story hours to 6-year-olds?”
What choice did he have but to try to overthrow Biden’s election?