Yet Even More Tabs
On mandates and other miscellany.
- Via the NYT: After its mandate, Tyson Foods reaches a 91 percent vaccination rate.
- Via the AP: American, Alaska Airlines and JetBlue will require their employees to be vaccinated.
The companies say that makes them government contractors who are covered by President Joe Biden’s order directing contractors to require that employees be vaccinated.
- So, mandates seem to work, but not surprisingly, via the AP: Biden vaccine mandate splits US on party lines: AP-NORC poll
About three quarters of Democrats, but only about a quarter of Republicans, approve. Roughly 6 in 10 Republicans say they disapprove. Over the course of the outbreak, Democrats and Republicans in many places have also found themselves divided over masks and other precautions.
- Via the NYT: Leader of Prestigious Yale Program Resigns, Citing Donor Pressure.
Two main thoughts from that story. One, the truly elite institutions of higher education in this country live in their own world. Two, the notion that universities are wholly captured by woke liberalism is just demonstrably not true.
- I would recommend this piece by Don Moynihan: Bullshit, Branding and CRT