Energy Prices Rising
The cold weather has caused energy prices across the board to rise.
- Light Sweet Crude: up $0.39 to $60.33 a barrel
- Brent Crude: up $0.55 to $58.16 a barrel
- Heating Oil: edged up to $1.7725 a gallon
- Gasoline: increased to $1.5971 per gallon
- Natural Gas: up $0.23 to $13.718 per 1,000 cubic feet.
The good news is that increased production and imports are likely to prevent large price spikes, but this tells me that prices are going to keep going up at a slow pace for the foreseeable future.