Fox News Poll: Coons 54% O’Donnell 39%
A new poll from Fox News and Opinion Dynamics confirms yet again that it’s unlikely the GOP will pick up Vice-President Biden’s former Senate Seat.
Here are numbers directly from the toplines:
- Coons 54%, O’Donnell 39%, Other/Undecided 7%
- 82% of those polled say that they are certain about their choice, only 11% say they could change their mind between now and November
- If Castle had been the GOP nominee, he’d be leading Coons 48% to 33%
- 60% of those polled do not believe Christine O’Donnell is qualified to be a U.S. Senator. 59% of those polled say Chris Coons is qualified.
- President Obama’s Approve/Disapprove numbers in Delaware are 45%/46% with 9% not sure
- 26% of those polled say their vote in November will be in support of the Tea Party movement, 41% say their vote will be in opposition to the Tea Party movement, 30% say that the Tea Party will have no impact on their vote.
- 49% of those polled either strongly or somewhat oppose the Tea Party movement, 37% say they either strongly or somewhat support it.
This is looking like a race that the GOP needs to write off.