Great Literature Retitled To Boost Website Traffic
Timothy McSweeney has a fairly amusing meme: “Great Literature Retitled To Boost Website Traffic.”
- 7 Awesome Ways Barnyard Animals Are Like Communism
- The 11 Stupidest Things Phonies Do To Ruin The World
- 8 Surprising Ways West Egg Is Exemplary Of The Hollowness Of The American Dream
- 6 Shockingly Evil Things The Turn-Of-The-Century Meatpacking Industry Doesn’t Want You To Know
- 5 Insane Ways London Could Become a Dystopia (And How It’s Not That Far From Reality)
- 1 Weird Thing Caddy Smells Like
Funny because it’s true!
The use of overhyped list posts is probably more prevalent on social media aggregators like Digg and Reddit but it’s done on blogs, too.
via Jason Kottke