Obama Sex Perv Scandal
Under the headline OBAMA SEX PERV SCANDAL, the intrepid journalists at National Enquirer bring us an October Surprise three weeks before Election Day:
The ENQUIRER exclusively reports a “sex pervert” was Sen. Barack Obama‘s longtime mentor and “father figure”.
For seven years, the presidential candidate had a “father-son” relationship with Frank Marshall Davis, who has confessed to having sex with children, sadomasochism, bondage and practicing a wide array of deviant sexual activities.
In his 1995 memoir Dreams from My Father, Obama identifies his childhood mentor only as “Frank,” but Obama insiders later confirmed he was referring to Davis, a journalist and poet who was a pal of Obama’s maternal grandfather, Stanley Dunham.
Frank Marshall Davis admitted in his private papers that he had secretly authored a hard-core pornographic autobiography called Sex Rebel: Black, published in 1968. The author of the book – a copy of which was been obtained by The ENQUIRER – is listed as “Bob Greene.” Davis later confessed to its authorship after a reader noticed similarities in style and phraseology between that book and Davis’ poetry.
Davis confessed: “I could not truthfully deny that this book, which came out in 1968 as a Greenleaf Classic, was mine.”
The story has taken the blogosphere by storm.
- Jules Crittenden notes the Enquirer’s “confirmation rate is spotty” and figures “at the usual rate of discussing Obamian negativity, if there’s anything to this we’ll be halfway through Obama’s first 100 days before it advances beyond tabloid.
- Erick Erickson reminds us that the Enquirer got the John Edwards Love Child story right but cautions that “This post is not intended to spread that rumor [That “Barack Obama had an underage, gay affair with a pedophile.”]. Frankly, if Obama wins, we’ll have our hands full around here making sure folks don’t develop Obama Derangement Syndrome.”
- JammieWearingFool says, “No doubt Obama will claim this as a desperate smear by the forces of evil who are afraid of change.”
- Dan Riehl provides the Readers’ Digest view: “Okay, to summarize – from the time he was a child until he was a young man, I guess, Barack Obama drank whiskey, wrote dirty limericks, read poetry and, um, was counseled by a sexual deviant, child molester, rapist of children? “
- Not Your Sweetie hesitated a couple seconds before posting about it. A truly bizarre discussion ensues in the comments section.
- Teh Nutroots has an extensive roundup of his own and says the right blogosphere should be ashamed of trying to make political hay of this.
- Thers agrees and claims “no left blogger of any stature linked to” the Enquirer’s previous story alleging Sarah Palin faked a pregnancy. (Although it sure circulated, anyway.)
The most important comment on this thus far is from Jim Henley, who reminds us that, if something happened between ten-10-year-old Barack Obama and Davis, it wasn’t “an affair” but rather “sexual abuse.” Word.
Obviously, one hopes that young Barry wasn’t the target of such a horrible experience. Regardless, he is who he is. Obama didn’t have his father around growing up and was a biracial child who looked black being raised by his white grandparents among Asians and Pacific Islanders. The black role models he found were, in a few cases, spectacularly bad. Yet, he managed to grow up to be, as John McCain put it recently, “a decent family man, a citizen, who I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues.”
To the extent there’s a “scandal” here, it’s Davis, not Obama, who is scandalized. The “sex perv” in question ain’t Obama, after all.